Cindy and Bill Simon Technology Academy High School recognizes that parent involvement in education has a positive effect on student achievement and is an important strategy in reducing academic achievement gaps in a community such as Watts. The Simon Tech's mission is to work toward assisting the school to support and prepare its students to become college-ready. To that end our parent engagement program will:
- Provide a network of support for parents including access to relevant information.
- Encourage an atmosphere of open communication, understanding and mutual respect among all students, parents, staff and the Watts community
- Collaborate with the school faculty, Home Office and other schools, community and faith-based organizations working toward the betterment of education for students of Cindy and Bill Simon Technology Academy High School.
The purpose of our parent engagement program is to create and maintain a school climate conducive to parent involvement and to develop and sustain partnerships that support student learning, positive child/parent interaction, positive adolescent development and preparing students to become college-ready. Amongst other duties, our parent engagement program will assist Simon Tech High School in finding resolutions to student problems, school challenges, and important community issues. These concerns may include but are not limited to:
- School/Parent communication
- Supporting the school
- Student behavior
- Safe Passage
- Parent-Conference nights
- Parent-led fundraisers
- Hosting activities/events