Simon Tech does not discriminate against any student based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Below is a description of the counseling services that Simon Tech offers to students.
Academic Counseling: At Simon Tech we aim to work collaboratively with all students and parents in order to ensure that students make the most out of their academic experience. Academic services include:
• Explore career/college major options
• Ensure UC/CSU eligibility
• Support students who are not reaching their academic requirements
Personal Counseling: We help our students understand and appreciate their unique qualities as they develop into young adults. Our Personal services include:
• Provide a safe space for students to discuss personal concerns
• Facilitate referrals to outside counseling resources as needed
• Serve as a consultant to faculty and staff when concern for a student arises
College Counseling: We empower our students to make informed decisions about their futures by providing accessible information and encouraging students to find the right college after graduation. Our office provides a full range of counseling services, including but not limited to:
• College planning and preparation
• Provide information on colleges and the college process. This includes campus visits, financial assistance, and career opportunities beginning freshman year
• Facilitate the accessibility over the college process to students and parents through individual counseling sessions as well as events sponsored by the Counseling Department.
• Parent/Student education events
• Keep students informed of application procedures and deadlines
• Inform students of the options available to them after high school